Saturday, August 20, 2011

Better late than never . . .

A couple of things I should have posted here several weeks ago, but here they are.

July 24, 2011

Dear Fellow Redeemed:

This letter is to acknowledge that I have received the call to become the pastor of Holy Cross Lutheran
Church. Since I have been serving as your vacancy pastor for over half a year now, I do not intend to take
much time to consider this call. However, since I am currently called as an assistant pastor to Lamb of
God Lutheran Church in Pleasant Prairie, I do think it proper to inform the senior pastor, deacons, and
members of that congregation of this call and invite their feedback before announcing my final decision.
To that end, I will be asking Pastor Smallwood and the deacons at Lamb of God to distribute this letter to
Lamb of God’s membership as soon as possible with the invitation to direct any comments or feedback to
my e-mail address or phone number within the next week. God willing, I will announce my decision at
Holy Cross’ Divine Service on July 31, 2011. I will also communicate my decision to Pastor Smallwood
prior to that service so that he can announce it to Lamb of God at their Divine Service the same day as
well.

In Christ,

Timothy D. Schellenbach
Assistant Pastor, Lamb of God Lutheran Church
Vacancy Pastor, Holy Cross Lutheran Church

=======================================================
July 31, 2011

Dear Fellow Redeemed:

After prayerful consideration, I have decided to accept the call you have extended to me to be your pastor.
My wife and I appreciate the fact that you have accepted us as part of your congregation, and I appreciate
the opportunity to continue to serve you on a permanent basis. The members of Lamb of God have
communicated to me through their pastor that they are happy for me to have received this call and have
wished me God's blessings as I minister to His people here at Holy Cross. The people of Lamb of God
also send you their greetings and will continue to keep you in their prayers that God would continue to
bless your congregation.

I am tentatively planning to hold the installation service on August 28, 2011, and I have asked the Rev.
Jack Kirk, USN, CHC, CMDR, Ret., of Bremen, Kansas, to preach for the installation service. Pastor
Kirk is also my father-in-law. Either President Wille or Pastor Chryst will officiate the rite of installation,
depending on their schedules. If that date is not acceptable, please contact me so that we can schedule the
service on a different date.

Again, I appreciate the opportunity to bring you God's Word and look forward to working with you on a
permanent basis.

In Christ,

Timothy D. Schellenbach
Assistant Pastor, Lamb of God Lutheran Church
Vacancy Pastor and pastor-elect, Holy Cross Lutheran Church

No comments:

Post a Comment